Gary Barlow has officially announced is X Factor Exit. After 3 years, Gary has indicated he’s moving on as the show’s ratings have dropped significantly this year. Only one person can get those ratings back up, Mr. Simon Cowell, but Gary was a pleasant addition to the show during Simon’s absence. Only Simon has that X Factor Edge in the judges box though.
There were gasps from the crowd following Barlow’s announcement
Gary Barlow has confirmed he will leave X Factor at the end of the current series.
He had previously denied rumours he had made a decision to quit the ITV show.
But speaking on Saturday night’s show he told his group Rough Copy: “I’ve been here for three years and I’m so glad that for my last year on the show I get to mentor you guys.”
The Take That frontman will release his first solo album for 14 years in November.
Rumours had started circulating about his departure in August, after host Dermot O’Leary said the singer would leave the programme when the present series, the 10th, ended.
But speaking at the launch of the series itself at the end of that month, he said he had not made his mind up yet.
“In all honesty, I honestly don’t know, it’s too early,” he said.
“Ask me about two weeks into the live shows and I’ll give you an answer on that. But it’s far too early.”
As well as his solo album Barlow has also been working on the score for the stage version of Finding Neverland and a new Take That album, to be released next year.
There is speculation that Simon Cowell could return to the show to replace him as a judge.
Speaking at the series launch he hinted he might return to The X Factor as a guest judge this year.
The singing show has suffered falling ratings since Cowell left two years ago, although he has remained hands-on behind the scenes.
Garry Barlow won’t be part of X Factor next year but guess who will be! I’m guessing Simon Cowell but we’ll have to wait and see. I’ll be there, will you?